No litters planned for 2017
Finding a healthy puppy We know how difficult it can be but please don't get frustrated or impatient when searching for a puppy. Take your time and enjoy the journey! Buying a puppy is somewhat akin to adopting a child and it can be an emotional roller coaster ride especially if you fall into the wrong hands. It is important that you find a reputable dedicated and knowledgeable breeder. Where do you find them? We are happy to help so please do not hesitate to contact us for information about the breed generally and for help and recommendations about where to find a puppy. Here are a few tips:
- You are making a long-term commitment so don't settle on the first breeder you find - make sure you choose a reputable breeder.
- Anyone can put two dogs together and call themselves a breeder but that doesn't necessarily make them responsible or reputable.
- An ethical and responsible breeder breeds to improve the health and quality of the French Bulldog, not just to produce a product for sale.
- They know their dogs, have an in depth knowledge of bloodlines, study pedigrees and health test their breeding stock.
- Reputable breeders are members of a State controlling body such as Dogs NSW and are also members of a French Bulldog breed club.
- Avoid responding to advertisements in on-line classified sites. Scammers and backyard breeders use these sites.
- Registered breeders in NSW must include their Dogs NSW membership number in all advertisements offering dogs or puppies for sale.
Price and availability D'Accord Frenchies seldom breed more than 2 litters each year so availability is limited. Litters are planned for 2018 but at this stage we are not taking names and we do not keep a waiting list. As an overall budgeting guide, be prepared to pay between $3,500 and $4,000 for a puppy from reputable breeders.
Listen to advice and do not pay huge sums of your hard earned after tax money for "rare" coloured dogs. Self-proclaimed "colour" breeders promote these highly undesirable colours hoping to entice the unsuspecting public into buying their dogs. Please don't add to the problems currently being faced by our breed by falling for the all too many scams and scammers.